Friday, April 07, 2006

It was a Huddle House night.

Yeah, so I didn't get to bed until after 4, and was awakened suddenly this morning by the sound of pounding on my front door (matched only by the pounding in my head).. but honestly, I was less consumed by anger than I would have been, as it was the electrician!! He seemed to be framed by a halo of golden light as he stepped (in slow motion, as the voices of an angelic choir rang through my heart) into my house.

Now if only we can get the phone guy out here, too. After much wrangling, I convinced my roommate that it should not be my responsibility to pay them to activate the jack in my room. I think peppering the conversation with "dealbreaker" and "lease" proved beneficial.

I'm not even going to think about the mail situation today, or the fact that since we are not letting our cats outside yet, the one that's not mine, Mr. Scarlett, is howling incessantly at the door. Nope. And I'm not going to invite the heart palpitations to return by contemplating my financial state of affairs and my lack of work. Yes, I'm still employed, but things are really slow at ol' HQ right now.

Anyway. Positive mental attitude. I'm reading an Augusten Burrows book, whom I love. I've only read his memoirs though, and this is fiction, so it's a bit different. It's called Sellevision.

Okay, that's all for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home