Saturday, July 01, 2006

World Cup 2006!

I haven't blogged lately because I've been busy flying around and working on my column. Two jobs! I feel so industrious. ha.

At first I was supposed to spend 24 hours in Paris on my way home from Kuwait, but fate intervened and instead I ended up working one more flight and ending up in Frankfurt, where I joined in the crazed debauchery of the World Cup revelries. Biergartens were set up intermittently through the city, everyone was drunk (including me!), and fans ran around blowing whistles and airhorns festively adorned in red, yellow and black. The fanfare continued well into early morning, marked mainly by cars speedily weaving through the city streets blaring their horns, passengers screaming bloody murder, banners flying from the windows, and, I'm guessing, a fair amount of drinking to the point of vomiting.

Although I remain a conscientious objector of anything sports-related, I will relent momentarily and tell you that I support the French team. And if you're thinking, "I hate the French. Blahblahblah," then shut up. The U.S. is out of it already. Vive le France!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's vive LA France by the way.

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home