Friday, February 02, 2007

Fucking savages.

Last night (presumably while I was off eating naughtily shaped rice and other hibachi goodness) my car was sitting in my driveway, unsuspecting, when someone threw a brick through the back window on the driver's side of my car.

The brick is still there, along with copious quantities of glass shards, along with everything else that was in my car prior to what can only be considered a terrorist attack... look, it's causing "terror," okay, or at least "heavy irritation," so, technically.. under the Patriot Act pt. 12, sec. B..

I wasn't expect a ticker tape parade when I moved downtown, but this grim reception has admittedly made me slightly cranky... plus it's rainy, and cold, and all the cars driving by blasting hideous music has made Mojo unusually anxious.

Luckily, the motive behind said "attack" was obviously not theft as nothing was missing, or appeared rifled through, even my glovebox in which was my iPod.. one of my most cherished and apparently oft threatened possessions - you may remember the story about the brat who stole it and stashed it in a paper towel dispenser in a Delta plane lavatory. But anyway. I'm going to start going around with the thing strapped to my body - do they make iPod garter belt holsters? Hell, I'm sure they do, they make everything else.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The savages are everywhere i'm afraid. However, the only damage is to the car window and that's easily fixed. Oh and as you said, nothing got stolen. I can think of many a platitude, but i'm going to save my breath as I think you're resilient enough not to need them however ... if there's a next time though, I highly suggest getting "medieval" on their asses :) Pair of pliers and a blowtorch anyone?

1:03 PM  
Blogger chucker said...

You probably already took care of it but when I had a window smased, the police officer suggested I go to a do it yourself car wash, put money in the HUGE vaccuum and remove all the chunks of "safety" glass quickly and easily.

I did.

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home