Thursday, February 01, 2007

He'll be a pillow one day.

My interest in blogging was re-invigorated today when I received some correspondence from Cat Bloggers asking me to join their little endeavor to spread charming feline stories to the remotest corners of the world through the miracle of the internet.

"Of course!" I thought. "I have many fascinating and amusing stories about my cat."

I realize, however, that pet stories are inordinately dull to everyone but the owner of that particular animal. Looking at, say, one or two pictures of said pet is tolerable, but then? Unless they do something that is wildly out of character for a dog, or cat, or sugar glider, I don't effing care - unless of course, it's Mojo, Silver Prince of Apartment B.

But I'll resist the urge to expound on the unique frustrations of investing in an electric litterbox, the brand new light blue collar and silver rabies tag he's sporting after having "misplaced" his last set, his emotional status after having moved to a new apartment, and his basic and inspiring wherewithal in the face of what must be a severe disruption of his little feline world.

If he were just human he'd be the perfect man - soft. pliable. not prone to grudges. intimidated by me. warm and cuddly. doesn't produce laundry. rather dim-witted and sleepy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home