Friday, March 09, 2007

Gone for good (or maybe just a few days)

So after a few weeks of languishing in utter boredom, I'm going back to work tomorrow. Thank God - although, the thought did cross my mind to Wikipedia deities of various other religions so I could start just praying to them all, hoping to fulfill my dreams of purpose-filled days by casting a wide net. But now, friends, I won't have to invoke Ganesha anytime soon. It's just a short trip, but it will get me out of my sedentary days here in Charleston, which is a vast relief.

In other news, perhaps of interest to you other cat bloggers out there, this morning, as I stumbled around in my bathrobe making coffee, Mojo was following me around meowing. As usual, we'd hopped out of bed together and he was inflicting upon me a barrage of meows and I was ignoring him. After a few moments standing in the kitchen letting the bleariness of sleep dissolve from my mind, I noticed his tank of a water dish was empty and the poor thing was trying to tell me he was thirsty. I told him it was his fault for crying wolf all the time, but it was just to mask the guilt. Am I going to be drummed out of cat bloggers for this?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Erika said...

Darling, I would have killed dear ole Earnest. That's is just the way we do things here in NY. And really, you would have been doing the world a service. Im sure someone would have awarded you something for it.

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home