Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Doing errands sucks

So most of today was pretty crappy, including the weather. Somehow, I got foiled in everything I tried to do. I went to vacuum out my car, which last I remember cost 75 cents. Anyhow, I had $1.75 in quarters so I went strolling over to the machine that sells Armorall wipes, which cost $1.00. Okay, I thought. No idea what the dastardly Fates had in store.

So I put a buck (in quarters) in the machine and it gypped me. I was particularly aggravated because I wore longish jeans today and they were soaked six inches up from traipsing around the car wash in the rain. It's all right, I consoled myself. I still have enough money to at least vacuum the thing.

But I'd neglected to account for inflation striking the Super Suds car was in Mt. Pleasant. Over on Bowman, you know? Luckily, I ended up scouring the car and found an extra quarter under one of the back mats. So granted, I did get to vacuum.

Then, though, my stupid doctor wouldn't renew a prescription that I needed before leaving town tomorrow (nothing sordid I swear). Then, I couldn't find a pair of work shoes I needed, despite visiting five shoe retailers.

Ultimately, I ended up taking a break during happy hour and playing pool with a friend. Clearly that was what I needed, because then my luck started to change. HQ (i.e. crew scheduling) called me and said my flight wasn't until 2:44 p.m. tomorrow (yay! esp. since said friend's birthday begins at midnight tonight) and I'm laying over in San Francisco! Couldn't be more excited. I've been jealous ever since my friend Alexandrialeigh went recently.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home