Saturday, July 16, 2005

Into the Orient

Finally! Something to do!

I'm leaving Sunday morning for Korea, which, by the way, the dumbass Weather Channel website completely denies the existence of... and I know it sounded funny just now to end that sentence with a preposition but it was an awkward thing to say.

I've been lolling around either in bed, at the beach, or in a bar for the past two weeks. Sounds just lovely until the existential angst sets in.

Osan, which many military folk know well, is basically an Asian Tiajuana. There's this bar there called the Chicken Head (I don't even want to know) which is (supposedly) banned for any military personnel stationed there, and consequently, my company followed suit and told us we aren't supposed to hang out there.

It seems most edicts issued by HQ are ignored, lost in the jungle of bureaucratic B.S. And undoubtedly our people still go to this Chicken Head.

But anyway, I've never been so this information is second-hand. Apparently the big drawing point of the place is its affinity for strange new gadgets, electrical and otherwise, which would be ridiculously legal to give to drunk people in the U.S. I guess if you enjoy being knocked to the ground by repeated electrical shocks for fun, this would be your place. Or if you really enjoy beer helmets, beer bongs, and other apparatus with which to chug. The whole thing is pretty sophomoric, but I've heard a number of pilots old enough to be my dad gleefully expound on the pleasures of Chicken Head.

Well, who knows. I'm adventuresome. Maybe I'll check the place out..

2 Comments:

Blogger Alexandrialeigh said...

OHMYGOD you won't BELIEVE what just happened on Six Feet Under. Please call and let me tell you.

10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A preposition is a terrible thing to end a sentence with!

11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home