Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Mmm. Fat.

I love pasta. Absolutely, constantly, mouth-wateringly, cannot-be-stopped-by-a-speeding-train crave a regular influx of pasta. Rigatoni, spaghetti, fusilini, ravioli, penne rigate, linguini, rotini, bow-tie, tortellini, macaroni... And there are so many ways to prepare it! With veggies, meat, cream sauce, cheese, garlic - just about anything, really. A person could fashion an everchanging, life-long diet with pasta as the main staple.

BUT(you knew it was coming)... Lately, I've been trying to watch what I eat. One's metabolism tends to run out of steam as one approaches his/her mid-twenties, I've discovered. At least, I suppose, I can fondly recall years past during which I consumed incredibly unhealthy combinations and amount of what can only be described as junk with no thought of tomorrow's flab.

But it's okay, because Lean Cuisine actually makes really ( I mean relatively) good pastas. I'm not being paid to say this - I just ate some three-cheese stuffed ravioli with peppers and tomato sauce. Unfortunately, I probably drastically compromise the nutritional boons of such a meal by covering it with grated parmesan cheese which, by the way, I cannot live without. Anyway, just thought I'd pass this info along in case there's anyone out there cruelly denying themselves of one of life's greatest pleasures. We wouldn't want that.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

MMMMMmmm pasta

2:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home