Monday, July 04, 2005

guilty-blogger syndrome

I swear my silence of late is not entirely my fault.. Most of the places I stayed during this trip either did not have internet access, or wanted to charge exhorbitant rates for usage. I went to Bahrain and the hotel wanted to charge like $40/day! Yikes, right?

I've been home since the night of the second but I've been battling jet-lagged induced laziness ever since. I haven't even done any laundry yet!

I think before I had this job, I thought of jet lag as something simple and easily solved by extra rest, but I'm here to say now that I underestimated its various and complicated effects. Circadian rhythms are, pardon my French, not to be fucked with. When they are, other bodily systems rebel in misguided sympathy, for example, one's immunity tends to stop working and instead curls up into a fetal position and starts rocking. Stupid immunity! What do I pay you for anyway?

I was (pitifully) excited last night because I was tired at around midnight, and I (foolishly) hoped I might get a normal 8 (to 10) hours sleep and thus right my sleeping patterns. Oh no, after a two-hour nap, I spent the next five hours lolling around in bed until I finally got aggravated into taking a sleeping pill. Then I got up at 3 p.m. Son of a bitch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home