Thursday, June 23, 2005

thoughts on other airlines

Hello from my Baltimore airport-area hotel room, where I've ordered room service and holed up for the day.

Originally, I was supposed to work a flight to Frankfurt tonight, but that was before the fickle ways of fate and US Airways came into play. I was delayed in Charlotte because they couldn't FIND their cockpit crew!. How mind-numbingly weird is that? Honestly, in situations like these, I don't think they should go too much into specifics in their boarding area announcements. 'Cause that just made everyone picture the pilots belly-up to some airport bar in the next concourse.

Let me just add that the other disgruntled passengers had some very choice words for their past and present experience with US Air.

Oh well, truth be told, partially it was my airline's fault for only scheduling me to have about 14 and a half hours block-to-block in Baltimore. Per my wonderful contract, I must have no less than 14, otherwise they must pay me lots of money! So when I arrived almost two hours late, I had to be pulled off my Germany trip. Can anyone say auf wiedersehen?

So now I'm going to Ireland and Kuwait before heading back. It's sad, but, the only thing I can think of is - they have an awesome complimentary breakfast buffet at our hotel in Kuwait. Yum. Does this mean I'm jaded and world-weary or just cheap and hungry?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home