Thursday, June 23, 2005

thoughts on other airlines, part deux

By the way, I just saw this little blurb on the Discovery Channel about Song, a Delta-owned carrier intent on redefining the experience of flying, mainly by seeking to personalize one's entertainment and service.. you can pre-order your meal from a relatively large variety of selections, pick out of ten movies or other on-demand entertainment from your own seatback screen, etc. etc. I also checked some random fares to to compare and I saw one from Orlando to JFK for only $134, round-trip. So they're cost-effective too, apparently.

Let me just say that I haven't flown Song, but I kind of want to. I should also add (or perhaps reiterate) that the airline I work for is a charter, so Song isn't a competitor of ours. My interest is as a frequent passenger.

So Discovery documented Song's maiden flight, and all the passengers were grinning ear to ear as the CEO romanced them and a rollicking good time was had by all. Obviously, that can't be representative of every flight, but it was such a far cry from the miserable drudgery of flying most airlines, it had me intrigued.

Unfortunately, at the moment Song doesn't fly routes that would be particularly useful to me, but I hope they start soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Alexandrialeigh said...

I've heard of them -- the flight attendants all wear uniforms designed by Kate Spade, right?

8:41 AM  
Blogger Devashan said...

Yeah. Lucky bitches.

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home