Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Ramadan makes me thirsty

Okay, so I'm still in Kuwait and now the Muslim holy month of Ramadan has begun. This means I can't be seen in public eating, drinking, chewing gum, or smoking during the sunlight hours (officially, this means 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.). This includes drinking water at the hotel's gym, by the pool, or on the beach. Since these are the main activities left now that the whole city closes down during the day, I've been courting dehydration... luckily as long as we're in our rooms, we can do what we want, but that's kind of boring. We've been playing a lot of travel yahtzee. Thank God for room service, eh?

3 Comments:

Blogger brainhell said...

Not that you'd ever consider smoking, because it's so bad. Grr!

2:21 PM  
Blogger brainhell said...

Honeybee in Greek = "Melissa." But you knew that. You knew I knew that. You knew someone knew that and you were OK with that. With us knowing. God knows there's no one else in Kuwait named Melissa.

2:24 PM  
Blogger Devashan said...

Mama always said I was special.

2:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home