Wednesday, June 15, 2005

My alarm didn't go off!

Maybe it's karma. I've used the line as an excuse so many times, only whoever's keeping score above us knows. But it really, really didn't go off this morning! I swear! It was set correctly, in fact, it was STILL set an hour after the desired wake-up time. Many times, I've inadvertantly switched it to p.m., or even changed the actual time, human error being to blame in both cases - but not today. I find it difficult to believe that I would have turned it off and then re-set all while technically asleep. Maybe I'm spoiled, I've gotten so used to depending on wake-up calls my many nights in hotels, and most of the time when I'm home I don't really need to get up for stuff.

You'll be gratified to learn, dear reader, that despite alarm-clock adversity, I did manage to get ready and make it to my dentist's office on the far end of Mt. Pleasant (from downtown!) in half an hour. Whew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home