Thursday, August 25, 2005

Typhoon madness

So we're supposed to commercial to Japan tomorrow, only there's a typhoon currently threatening Tokyo. The general consensus is that it would be fine to stay here in Osan and wait it out because:

1) We don't want to get stuck there.
2) If we go, we have to get up at like 4:30 which just isn't cool.
3) There's lots more to do here than in Tachikawa, where we stay.
4) Japan tends to be more expensive and we're cheap bastards.

Most of you out there who know me also know that I lived in Japan for four years as a kid, and subsequently weathered many a typhoon (once in a sailboat!). I've also been through a couple hurricanes in Charleston. So worry not, readers, whatever happens - I have no fear! But I don't want to get up early.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home