Thursday, October 06, 2005

Make..it...STOOOOPPPP!!!!

Okay. I know maybe it seems like I bitch a lot. Or something. But I'm really fucking sick of weird male chanting and singing accompanied by fast-tempoed tinkly, crappy music outside my goddamn window until 2 a.m. every night.

There is a so-called "Ramadan tent" situated smack in front of my window where whatever festivities that entails are based.

Maybe if it were somewhat normal music, without inexplicable crescendoes and long instrumental interludes (whose instruments I cannot for the life of me recognize) accompanied by wailing, spiritually driven men, then it would actually lull me to sleep.

Wtf? WHAT, please tell me, IS THERE TO FREAKING PARTY ABOUT UNTIL 2 A.M. IN A DRY COUNTRY? For the love of all that's holy. Shut. them. the. fuck. up.

Maybe I'm just an ignorant Western infidel, but whenever I learned about Ramadan in history it always seemed like a rather solemn affair. Fasting. Stringent rules. No activity during the daylight hours. Yet despite this, it's a free-for-all!

Also, there is someone who apparently has very dire and urgent business in the vicinity of my hotel room that requires rapid pacing, then stopping, more pacing, stopping, and repeating, in high heels on marble floors. (yeah, it's a pretty nice hotel...but still)

Why? Why? What? You're saying I took this job so I could immerse myself in other cultures for my own benefit and education? What's your point?

Look, whatever. I'm a lot bitchier when I don't sleep.

By the way.. I think (dare I hope?) that they stopped...!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home