Monday, November 14, 2005

Listening to the CD's just ain't the same

A friend of mine with whom I frequently play pool told me yesterday that the title of my future autobiography ought to be I Scratched on the Eight Ball. Heh. heh. Very witty, C. Thanks a bunch.

More appropriate, I think, would be, I Almost Got to See This Kick-ass Show, BUT.. because that seems to be a recurring theme in my life lately. I swear those crew scheduling SOB's down at HQ are plotting this just to try to break me.

Earlier this summer, I was in Limerick, Ireland, the day Juliette Lewis' band, Juliette & the Licks, played at a bar within walking distance of my hotel, but had to catch a flight out of there that night. Now, I've heard they suck, but who cares? I love her in movies (esp. Kalifornia) and it'd still have been cool to say I was there.

Later in the summer, I was in San Diego one day when I learned that the Violent Femmes would be playing a free(!) show there that night, several hours after I was scheduled to depart. O, how bitter am I?

And most recently, I was getting ready to head out of Seattle when I heard Bright Eyes (a band I personally love) was going to be playing there that night. This time, I actually could've stayed as my official work was over, but it would've cost me a few hundred bucks to get myself home, stay an extra night, etc. and, admittedly, I couldn't be bothered. Damnit.

Now, I'm all geared up for another disappointment, 'cause two of my friends' bands are both playing in the same venue, the same night, here in Charleston.. It's Best of All Breathing and Action City Blackout, Dec. 3rd, at the Village Tavern in Mt. Pleasant, if you're curious. Anyway, I won't know my schedule for December for a couple more weeks but I'm trying not to get my hopes up, here.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

New Autobiography Title - "I Almost Saw That Band Once" - Blarg!

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home