Saturday, August 06, 2005

Why, Nate, why?!?

WARNING: Potential plot spoiler ahead if you're not up to date with your viewings of HBO original series!

I finally caught up with Six Feet Under last night, an all-time favorite HBO drama of mine ever since my Media Criticism professor showed us Episode One in class back in 2001.

It is an amazing show. I hope my use of italics has caught your attention. AMAZING.

For those of you who are unfamiliar, it follows the lives of a fictional family, the Fishers, who run a funeral home in Southern California. Over the years it has not merely pushed, but shoved the crap out of the envelope with its handling of plot, character development, risque themes, etc. etc. Let's just say it's amazing and I was just a hair short of devastated to find that this would be its last season.

Well, last night one of the main characters, the eldest, prodigal son, was murdered... by the show's writers. His actual scripted cause of death was complications due to a cranial hemorrage. But still, I'm appalled. Back in Season One, Nate was more or less the main character of the show.

The only thing that kept me from absolutely losing it was what an asshole he was immediately before he died. He cheated on his pregnant wife with a dumb Quaker bitch (also his step-sister!) named Maggie and then admitted it to Brenda (said wife) and asked for a divorce before biting the bullet. Fucker! Couldn't he have died without saying that?!?

So I'm assuming next episode, airing tomorrow at 9, will be absolutely heart-wrenching as it deals with the family handling their loss. Believe it - if the world is collapsing amidst a nuclear war outside my window, I will be watching.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alexandrialeigh said...

And I WON'T be because I GOT STOOD UP BY THE DIRECTV GUY!

You will have to fill me in.

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home