Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Happy @%&*$ holidays!

I bought myself a really cute new coat this afternoon, an off-white, stylish, momentary antidote to the winter blahs. It's so cute. I love it. I shouldn't have, but it wasn't that expensive..

Anyway, I was getting into my car (and safely out of view of the store, because for some reason I not only thing everyone's watching me, but they're interested in what I'm doing) when I decided to go ahead and put it on. It was almost six, and dark. Cold. Miserable. (Can you tell I'm more of a spring/summer person?) So I was standing in the half-empty parking lot, removing my sweater and leaning into my car to remove my new lovely coat from the bag, etc. when I realized a car was inching towards me on my right. I glance over (noting at least four empty spots in the very near vicinity, and some actually closer to the shops), and this incredibly bitchy and impatient looking woman was obviously intent on easing into the spot to the left of my car, but was flummoxed by my standing there rooting around in my car with the driver's door open. Okay, I have a fucking Corolla. Even with all the doors open, it still fits within the white lines. She was driving some huge, gas-guzzling piece of crap SUV and glaring at me.

But my automatic instinct was to be nice (damn. need to work on that.) and so I sort of squished myself against the car, pulled the door in, and gave her a dorky apologetic smile. Her responding look was exasperation with a healthy dose of pure contempt, and maybe just a drop of "I'd like to run you over now and smile maniacally as your internal organs explode within you."

Before I even the damn coat on, she was parked and marching as hatefully as one can toward the shopping center. Bitch.

Would it kill some people to be pleasant? I mean, as evil as I am in my own head, I think I do a pretty good job of pushing it down and faking nice with everyone.

And now that I've shared this obnoxious moment with you all, I can let go and re-attain my inner peace. Om.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alexandrialeigh said...

Oh Devashan, I love you. It is just SO charming to me when I find out that someone else feels exactly the same way I do.

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home