Friday, December 16, 2005

Mission: Accomplished?

OMG. I am literally stunned by my Christmas shopping success. Okay, I just remembered like three people I should probably get a little something for, but even so, I am doing really, really well. And we won't mention that I just bought myself another coat.. But I needed one that was versatile enough to wear with both my uniform (compliance with company regulations be damned! I detest my company issued Inspector Gadget trenchcoat from hell) and with many different outfits on layovers.. It's a black wool trench from the Gap, but unlike the CFH (coat from hell), it fits a normal human body and can be made to look cute. Thank God.

My mood has taken a definite turn for the better, perhaps due to the return of sunlight to Charleston.. I wonder quite seriously at times if I have seasonal affective disorder or something. I'd considered moving to Seattle (my base)at one time, as it's a lovely city that I quite enjoy, but ultimately decided that the Pacific Northwest is far too dreary in the wintertime for me.

On an entirely different note, wtf is up with Cingular these days? I keep having these little half-hour long blackout periods during which I can't make any outgoing calls. I heard someone else bitching about it too. Well, it's about that time to call my company to harass them into putting me on a trip before I spend my way into eating Ramen noodles for a month out of sheer boredom. There's also some drama with our pilots forming a picket over at headquarters yesterday, so hopefully I can get the gossip out of one of these schedulers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home