Monday, November 28, 2005

Bored? Not as much as me!

Hello, my name is Devashan, and I have a problem..

I keep getting sucked into cheesy holiday-themed Lifetime movies. Seriously. I mean, part of it has to do with the fact that I'm stuck in Bangor, Maine and it's dreary outside and much too cold for my delicate nature (stop laughing!), but still.

I watched a movie today called Ebbie. It was a modern-day adaptation of A Christmas Carol with Susan Lucci as the title character, Ebbie Scrooge. Yeah, I'm serious. Susan. Lucci. And I watched the whole thing. Yup. My favorite parts were the lovely ironic moments in which the other characters called her "Mrs. Scrooge" with hateful smirks on their faces.

I also watched a movie whose title I unfortunately missed, as well as perhaps the first twenty minutes, but it was about some guy who was in an accident and lost his memory, basic motor skills, social graces, etc. and had to be re-trained by his long-suffering wife and three daughters. I almost cried, so then I had to distract myself by playing spider solitaire and calling my friend Molly.

Okay, I just saw a commercial for that dumb liquor that no one drinks, Disaronno, I think it's spelled? And I swear I just heard them refer to its "warm and sexual taste." Please God, tell me they said "sensual," not "sexual," because otherwise I think I might be nauseated. Actually, I still am, either way.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you sure it's not Drambuie? - Blarg!

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is DiSaronno, and I totally agree with you. Everytime I see it I listen as closely as I can. The closer I listen the more it sounds like "sexual"... I googled the phrase and we're not the only ones. Other people have heard it too... and if it is supposed to be "sensual" they should really articulate, even though from the whole ice cube anorexic tease, I'm pretty sure they want people to think "sexual". It just makes me want her to die horribly. I'm gonna try to put on the closed captions next time.

2:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home