Saturday, January 28, 2006

Moral decay in Airhostessia

What to do when you suddenly realize your friends to be severely morally impaired? I have two flight attendant friends who are currently dating married pilots. One is in the midst of a divorce herself, and has a sorta fuck-all, laissez-faire attitude to what seems to be life in general at the moment. Her beau is not only married, but has two small children and no apparent qualms about getting any flight attendant ass that he can - he actually drunkenly pawed at me about a year ago. I was not impressed, but apparently she is.
The other girl is a rose-colored glass-wearing, walking cliche. Her boy has been married "only" a year and his wife is just the absolute most scathing bitch in the world, she virtually deserves to be cheated on (I hope my heavy sarcasm is seeping through here). Apparently he managed to ignore what a horrific cunt she supposedly is for at least a little while, because (surprise!) she's just announced that she is pregnant, and though he'd been feeding my friend a line about leaving her and marrying my friend, he's now determined the proper course of action to be "doing right by his wife" by sticking around for another year or so, whilst my friend languishes in the wings. Don't misunderstand me, I think she's a fool and probably deserves the emotional anguish she's inviting upon herself. But I do find her a mite less guilty than the other one, who approaches her situation with all the sentimentality of a high-ranking Nazi.

Oh well. My position is, I'll still hang with these girls, but I won't respect their choice and I won't be shy about expressing that if they ask. I'm not going to harass them. I have my plate full enough being my own moral compass, I don't need to start playing angel to someone else's shoulder. The weird thing is they've sort of bonded over their mutual indiscretions and, when I hang out with the two of them, it's like I'mthe one with people behind her back exchanging glances. Whatever, dude. I'd so much rather be single... I'm not one for moral proselytizing, but if I just blog it, I'll be less likely to explode on one of them. They don't need my help - the self-destruction inherent in their actions will provide its own consequences.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Sugar-
How I love you :)

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home