Sunday, January 01, 2006

Twilight Zone marathon = happiness

Ah, what a relief the new year always is.. I'm determined to get on 2006's good side early by extolling its merits to anyone who will listen, while simultaneously maligning ol' 2005. So far? I think it likes me, but we'll have to see how lucrative a partnership it turns out to be. I'm optimistic.

Among my goals for 2006:

-learning a new language, or at least brushing up on French for my upcoming Paris trip. Someone came up to me last night and said, "I heard you speak like four languages." Wow! Isn't it fun when there's good, flattering gossip going on about oneself?

-cook for myself more frequently. I think I got burnt out from cooking by dishing up slop to the general public in a rat-infested, sweltering kitchen for six years (five and a half of which I've managed to suppress from memory).

-quit smoking. I'm cringing and compulsively reaching for a cigarette as I type this. But I have a tentative plan - hypnotherapy. Don't laugh. It worked for my aunt.

-apply a heaping dose of discipline to several areas of my life: writing, exercise, hygeine (just kidding. or am I?)

-try not to use as many parentheses in my blog. I can't commit to cutting them out entirely, as I'm quite fond of them as far as punctuation goes. At least I'm not addicted to ellipses. There's one guy I work with who sends out lots of mass e-mails to everybody, and at the end, he just puts his name like this:

blah blah blah..

Devashan....

Oh my GOD, something about that just drives me up the wall. It feels so anti-climactic somehow. Like, tune in next time to see this cliffhanger resolved.
And his e-mails aren't even the slightest bit interesting. Bastard...

-Kay, maybe this would be a good time to resolve to be a little nicer to people that irritate me. There's also this girl who I fly with whose favorite expression is "Easy cheesy" and it makes me absolutely crazy and I imagine flaming death rays shooting out of my eyes and melting her face. Isn't that horrible? I think I'm okay, outwardly, but God, I'm a bitch in my head.

Happy new year out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home