Wednesday, January 04, 2006

I hate to say it, but..

I mean, I even shudder to think it. Does 2006 not like me for some reason? Did I offend its delicate inner nature with some unknown, grievous offense? Did I just expect too much?

Judge for yourself. Here are my (admittedly fairly minor) so-far calamities of 2006:

1. I developed a beastly, hacking bout of bronchitis, as previously described.
2. Crew scheduling screwed up my schedule by double-staffing several flights, making my first month of a set schedule in a year, um, not set.
3. Mojo arrived home today limping for no discernible reason and now, when he sits, he does so holding up one of his forepaws, like a little old man going, "Excuse me sirs, I've an objection"
4. People keep discouraging me from dating a boy I'd really like to date. This may not seem so calamitous, but their admonitions come right after an exchange between myself and said boy that led me to believe dating would be likely if not imminent.

I know it's so 2005 of me to bitch about my every little problem, but um, too bad. It's my blog, not yours. ;)

2 Comments:

Blogger Alexandrialeigh said...

First of all, you made me snort at my desk when I read the part about Mojo saying, "Excuse me sirs, I have an objection." HEE!

As for the boy-drama, you must call me, and we will discuss. I must live vicariously through you. One thing: I adore you, but you have been known to have unreliable instincts in the dating department. But I don't necessarily think there's any harm in giving him a chance...whoever he is.

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Date the guy. Follow your instincts. What have you got to lose?

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home