Friday, December 23, 2005

South Dakota...?!

So, come Christmas morn while the rest of you lucky bastards are bleary-eyed and ripping into your presents, I'll be hitting the friendly skies bound for the exotic land of.. South Dakota?

Hmm, I thought. Okay. Hopefully there'll be a bar open or something. Until now, my knowledge of South Dakota amounts to: I think Mount Rushmore is there. Or is that North Dakota? And where is Fargo?

But this afternoon I got my hotel info and decided to internet stalk where I'm staying. I like to do that when I'm going somewhere new and need to know if they have free wireless access. Anyway, it's the Alex Johnson hotel in Rapid City. (This is so a security violation. Please don't come kill me.)

And I was pleasantly surprised! The hotel itself as well as the area, historic downtown Rapid City, promises loads of intrigue and nerdy activities that sound like my cup of tea. The hotel itself is 77 years old and decorated with buffalo hides arrowheads as well other such authentic Indian stuff. There's a circa 1880 train that does 2 hour tours through the Black Hills. Mount Rushmore is only about 30 miles away, and there's also a memorial to Crazy Horse somewhere around there. And the Badlands (which from pictures look pretty badass are about an hour away.

Hey? I'm excited. Not to mention, after my stay in Rapid City, I'll be heading to Honolulu, bitches!

Oh, and Merry Christmas :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home